Friday 5 July 2013

Statement Jewels


The latest trend of Statement Jewellery wasn't my favourite discovery! I'm not a big jewellery person.... I like my simple pieces like my engagement and wedding ring, diamond studs and a heart diamond necklace from my dad.  I always feel a bit silly and uncomfortable in big chunky necklaces and big pat butcher esque earrings!!! I'm more a statement shoe and bag person! 
My wonderful friend Gerry introduced me to Stella & Dot and my mum and I had a Trunk Show for all of our friends.  Well everyone loved it! The jewellery is fabulous, amazing quality! I don't think anyone left without buying something! 
I asked Gerry what she thought about Statement pieces for mums: 
"Statement jewellery allows women to step out of the mundane and define themselves as confident, passionate, and interesting ladies. Many women long to wear high heels but Mummies tend to avoid them as let's face it, they are SO not practical when you are running around after small people! So for the instant Statement boost, why not put your Superpower Statement piece on that will make you feel and look fabulous.
A statement necklace can completely change an outfit and many pieces can be worn dressed up or down (dress for wedding or jeans and t-shirt), keeping the cost per wear very reasonable. Statement jewellery includes; Bib necklaces, layering necklaces, cocktail rings, chandelier/hoop earrings, cuffs & bangles" 
I couldn't agree more - heel's are a defo no for me - Rocco is Bolt quick!! 
I bought this necklace and these earrings from the collection with my points for being a Hostess with the Mostess haha! 


I love the necklace - i've worn it lots and feel good in it! The earrings however just aren't me - i'm not a hoop person ive decided i feel like JLo when she was with P Diddy when i wear them (i'm a boring stud girl haha).  But its all about trying new things - i've now got a few statement necklaces and silly as it sounds they really do change an outfit up!! They don't have to be expensive the highstreet is full of lovely options!! 
I couldn't write about Stella & Dot without mentioning 2 things 1 is the amazing bracelets they do!!! 
The Spirit Bracelet is my fave (it was for Autistic Awareness month) 
This makes such a beautiful present - i bought one for my niece for her 15th birthday and she loves it!! 
And secondly their packaging!!! Its a girls dream come true!!! All lovely boxes which i love on my dressing table!!! 

If you would like to host a Trunk Show has all of these and more! www.stelladot.co.uk/gerrylee
Love J x
Follow us on Bloglovin & Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 photo bloglovinicon_zpsef14aa26.gif  photo twittericon_zps10c57144.gif photo instagramicon_zpsd1a2ba40.gif